Monday, June 21, 2010

Is it worth the savings...?

So I was pulling up to work today only to see a guy dancing like a maniac holding up a sign at the Daycare next door.  You know those people who hold the signs for the ghetto Insurance places or for the new home developments, that was this guy, only HIS sign was announcing that the daycare was offering 50% off on enrollment.  Now I wouldn't say I work in the ghetto, but this daycare is not one I would ever consider sending my kid to, and then they are offering their services 50% off?!?!?!  When it comes to my child, I may pay half off on a new onesie, but NOT on his child care.  That to me is almost as bad as buying underwear at a garage sale, you just don't do it!  So this got me thinking, I LOVE a good deal as much as the next girl, but there are SOME things I am just NOT willing to get discounted or 2nd hand.  A few of these things are...

1. UNDERWEAR- This is probably the most obvious, but when it comes to underwear I WILL NOT go discounted.  I mean if Victoria's Secret was having a sale that's one thing, but I can't even bring myself to buy underwear or bras from Marshall's or TJ Maxx, they just freak me out. 

2.  Food- Day Old bread, dented cans, and all other "harmed" food I can't do.  I know a lot of the dates on foods are the "Sell By" dates, but for me that date is the last day of consumption date.

3.  Hair Accessories- I definitely won't buy these used, and again I probably would have to refrain at a "Discount Store" as well.  You never know who's nasty hair a clip has been in, YUCK!

I am sure there are more that I can't think of right now, so you tell me, anything you wouldn't buy either at a discount store or used???

1 comment: